We are living in an age of progress when it comes to shining a spotlight on and offering solutions for mental health-related issues. For a long time, mental illnesses were pushed to the fringe of society. People treated mental illness like a taboo subject and as a result, many people never got the help that they so desperately needed. Fortunately, we are seeing a real shift in the medical field when it comes to talking about mental health and treating it appropriately. In fact, mental health facilities like TMS Health Solutions are working hard in order to bring innovative therapy to people who so desperately need it in order to help with their clinical depression. Today, we are going to look at five different ways that the team at TMS is using innovative therapy in their quest to treat depression.
TMS Health Solutions: Innovative Therapy For Clinical Depression
Let’s start off our discussion by highlighting a little bit of information relating to who exactly the team at TMS Health Solutions is. TMS is a clinical care facility that is completely focused on providing innovative mental health therapy through one of the most incredible and effective treatment techniques around TMS. TMS Solutions was established in 2007 by Dr. Richard Bermudes and it has been his passion and commitment to TMS therapy that has made it such a prevalent technique throughout California and much of the rest of the country.
TMS therapy was approved by the FDA for use as a treatment technique for depression back in 2008. TMS stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. This type of therapy is used on patients who find no relief from their depression through conventional means. The technique is non-invasive, pain-free, and applied while the patient is completely awake. Using a small metal wand, directed magnetic pulses are pointed toward the areas of our frontal lobe that are most responsible for our depression. Now that we understand this technique more fully, let’s talk about the five ways that TMS Health Solutions can help patients by way of innovative and effective therapy.
1) Pain-Free, Non-Invasive Treatment – As we highlighted above, Transcranial Magnetic Therapy is completely non-invasive and pain-free. The treatment is administered to a patient who is simply reclined in a chair, fully awake. Sessions last just under an hour and repeat treatments help to improve the efficiency of the therapy.
2) Enhancing Other Therapy Techniques – One of the most incredible benefits of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is the fact that it helps open the doors to more effective treatment solutions in other areas of the field. TMS actually helps to make regular therapy and anti-depressants more effective. The domino effect that TMS therapy begins can literally be life-changing.
3) TMS Therapy Has Been Proven Effective – While more than 40% of the country is either suffering from depression or has suffered from depression, a rather sizable chunk of that large number will be guaranteed positive results from TMS therapy. Studies show that TMS is incredibly effective in the vast majority of patients.
4) Shining A Spotlight On Mental Health – Dr. Bermudes and the rest of the staff at TMS Solutions know that change is gradual in regards to highlighting the importance of quality mental health. Through TMS therapy and their own outreach programs, TMS Solutions is helping to shine a light on the importance of mental health.
5) Affordable & Effective For Everyone – Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is an affordable therapeutic technique that can have life-changing results. This effective therapy technique cannot be undersold. Patients who are in need of mental health now know where to look to find an effective solution to a problem that can feel incurable on the worst of days.